Manage Your Health Online with online patient portals
Brookwood Baptist Health provides secure, online access to your electronic health record through My Chart. All you need is a valid email address plus your provider provided access code to create your account. For Brookwood Baptist Medical Center, you can access My Health Rec portal.
- MyChart provides secure access to your health information from your hospital visit at Citizens, Princeton, Shelby and Walker Baptist Medical Centers.
- To obtain portal access, you would have received an activation code with your discharge instructions.
- A log-in is required to protect your privacy.
Technical Support: If you are experiencing technical issues with your My Chart account, call our support line at (205) 264-2046. During your stay, please direct questions to your care team.
My Health Rec
My Health Rec is the newest way to view, download and transmit your up-to-date health information, all from the convenience and privacy of your own home, or anywhere Internet access is available — 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
With My Health Rec, you can:
- Privately view some radiology and lab results online.
- Access health records such as immunizations, medications and allergies
- Download health records to easily share with doctors
- Save time by paying health bills online
- Use the Apple Health Data app for iPhone users as an additional way to access your health records.
How to Get Started
Get started today by enrolling in My Health Rec at your next inpatient visit. You can also set up your own patient portal account by using our self-enrollment tool.
My Health Rec is available for all patients who have registered and had services provided to them from the facility.
My Health Rec FAQ's
How can I get access to my health records on the Apple Health app?
If you use an an iPhone, you can access this hospital’s health records. Follow these steps:
- Open the Health app on your iPhone.
- Select Health Records, then Get Started.
- Select this hospital name from the list of hospitals.
- Follow the prompts to log in to your hospital patient portal.
How will My Health Rec benefit me?
My Health Rec allows you to view, download and transmit your up-to-date health information. Specifically, you can:
- View some lab results online rather than waiting for them to arrive in the mail
- Access health records such as immunizations, medications and allergies in one place
- Download health records to easily share with other doctors
- Save time and postage by paying health bills online
Who is eligible to use the patient portal?
All patients can sign up for patient portal access. Signing up for the patient portal is quick, easy, and only takes a few minutes. Self-registration for all patients is being developed.
How do I sign up for the patient portal?
You can enroll in the patient portal while completing the registration process at the hospital. During registration, simply tell our staff that you would like to sign up for the patient portal. Soon after, you will receive an email invite that will provide a link to establish your own login and password information. If you don't receive an email, please check your spam / junk folder. You can also enroll after your registration process. Register by clicking on one of the links above using your personal information.
Once completed, you can view your patient portal information online via your personal computer, cell phone or tablet.
What do I need to enroll in the patient portal?
Enrolling in the patient portal only takes a few minutes. You simply need to provide a valid email address and an acceptable form of ID, which can include:
- Driver’s license
- State issued ID
- U.S. Military ID
- Hospital Staff ID
- Marriage license
- Divorce decree
- Adoption papers
- Social security card
- Birth certificate
What lab results will be viewable in the patient portal?
Most common lab test results will be viewable in the patient portal, such as Labs, Radiology and Pathology results. Some sensitive results are not currently available. Results that are not included in the patient portal are:
- STD screenings
- Some cancer markers
- Drugs of abuse, alcohol and pregnancy-related results
When will I see my results?
Some results will be delivered into the patient portal as soon as they are resulted and entered into your electronic health record. Please see below for specific timeframes. Results post to the portal even if they were done as an outpatient or Emergency Department visit.
- Labs - Immediately after results are available
- Radiology - 72 hrs after results are available
- Pathology - 7 days after results are available
Is a mobile version of the patient portal available?
The patient portal can be accessed on any browser and any device with internet. The patient portal is also available as an app, or you can access your medical records through your iPhone’s Health app.
Will My Health Rec allow me to make online appointment requests or cancellation requests?
Currently, making online appointment and/or cancellation requests is not an available option with My Health Rec.
Will My Health Rec allow me to make online prescription renewal requests?
Currently, prescription renewal requests are not an available option with My Health Rec.
Can I set up and access my patient portal account during my hospital stay?
Yes, if you can access your email via computer, smart phone or other mobile device and also connect to the internet. If you don't have internet access during your hospital stay, please ask for the Patient Portal representative, who can easily assist you with logging in.