Bradford at BBH Addiction Program & Medical Detoxification
There is hope ahead.
The epidemic of addiction to opiates, tranquilizers and alcohol spans across age, race, gender and income and finds many families across central Alabama struggling to find initial medical assistance needed on the path to recovery. To help those families and their loved ones take the first step in healing, Brookwood Baptist Health has partnered with Bradford Health Services to provide medical detox units at two of its hospitals – Walker Baptist Medical Center and Citizens Baptist Medical Center.
Medical detox units can serve an important role as a precursor to full rehabilitation by easing the physical side effects of the process. The physical illnesses associated with withdrawals, such as muscle aches, nausea, excessive sweating and high blood pressure can be extremely dangerous to experience alone. Patients undergoing medical detox receive medications that help alleviate withdrawal symptoms, coupled with 24-hour supervision by licensed nurses, therapists and physicians.
What to Expect:
- Medically Supervised Detoxification
- Medicare, Medicaid & Most Major Insurances accepted
- Coordinated Care with your Primary Care Physician
- 10-Bed Addiction Program at both Citizens and Walker Baptist Medical Centers
- All Private Rooms—Male and Female
- Initial Consultation Provided at No Cost
- Therapy Provided by Licensed Clinicians
- Average Length of Stay 3-7 Days
- Alcohol & Drug Dependency Education
- Group & Individual Therapy
- Structured Recreation
- 12-Step Philosophy of Treatment
- Individualized Discharge Planning and Referral Placement
Citizens Baptist Medical Center
604 Stone Ave.
Talladega, AL 35160
Phone: 1-800-333-1865 (Referrals Accepted 24 Hours a Day)
Walker Baptist Medical Center
3400 Hwy 78
Jasper, AL 35501
Phone: 205-387-4961 (Referrals Accepted 24 Hours a Day)