Comprehensive Diagnostic Imaging in central Alabama
Begin treatment with a quick, precise diagnosis
Fast, accurate and convenient diagnostic imaging—such as MRIs and CT scans—are a vital step in diagnosing many medical conditions. Brookwood Baptist Health has several on-site imaging centers with cutting-edge equipment for your convenience, with one designed specifically for women’s unique health needs.
Our diagnostic imaging services include the following:
- CT Scans with large openings accommodating patients up to 600 lbs.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) with a recent high-definition upgrade
- 3 Digital Mammography Suites, with computer-assisted detection
- Breast MRI with Sentinelle Vanguard table for increased patient comfort and high quality images
- Image-guided breast biopsy
- Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear medicine
- Positron Emission Tomography to obtain inner organ scans, useful in oncology, neurology, and cardiology.
- Ultrasound, including vascular imaging
- Two ultrasound suites for obstetric, pelvic, and breast imaging
- Bone densitometry
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Cancer Genetics Center for genetic counseling/testing and breast health
Diagnostic imaging is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for inpatients and emergency patients. If your doctor gave you a referral to the imaging department, you can schedule outpatient procedures Monday through Friday. at any of our locations.