Home Health Care Nursing and Therapy
Quality care in the comfort of your home
The home health medical professionals at Brookwood Baptist Health collaborate with physicians, patients, and families to develop and facilitate a personalized treatment plan for each patient. Once the treatment plan is established, our dedicated home health liaisons maintain open lines of communication with all members of the care team and streamline updates on patient care. Brookwood Baptist home health is a Medicare-certified home health provider serving Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount, Walker, Tuscaloosa, Bibb, and Talladega counties.
- Skilled Nursing -Includes nursing assessments; instituting physician orders; instruction and education on safety, medications, infection control, and disease processes; treatments such as wound care and IVs; and specialty nurses for psychiatric care
- Physical Therapy - Evaluation and implementation of a home exercise program, transfers, gait training and strengthening to help with pain and post-op rehab
- Occupational Therapy - Evaluation and education for muscle re-education, perceptual motor training, endurance, strength, independence and self-care
- Speech Therapy - Treatment and evaluation of voice, speech, language, swallowing, auditory disorders or difficulty with cognitive function
- Medical Social Worker - May include assistance in social and financial issues and education for patient and caregiver about available resources to aid in recovery
- Home Health Aide - Assistance with bathing, personal care, transfers and vital signs
Our focus on quality care starts with our home care providers. We specially select and screen our staff members in an effort to give our patients and families reassurance about the clinicians providing care in their home. Brookwood Baptist Home Health representatives are on call and available to assist with patient needs after hours and on weekends.
Home Infusion Services
For your convenience, a dedicated team consisting of your nurse, a pharmacist and an admissions coordinator will work closely with your physician to coordinate your home infusion care and monitor your health. Your medications, supplies, equipment and staff visits – even direct billing of insurance – are all managed through a single office, and one phone number is all you need for a quick response day or night.
To help you maintain or regain your independence, your home care nurse will teach you to manage your medications between visits. He or she will schedule an appointment when it’s convenient for your family, so everyone who participates in your care can receive the same thorough training. To learn more, contact us toll free at (877) 438-9380 or visit us online at ContinuumRX.com.