Orthopedic Rehabilitation & Physical Therapy Services
Get back to better than you were before
After surgery, injury, or an acute illness, patients need special care from physical therapists to help resume their normal, active lifestyles. At Brookwood Baptist Health, we offer personalized rehabilitation therapy to meet every patient’s needs, so we can get you back on your feet as quickly as possible.
Rehabilitation Services for the following conditions:
- Arthritis resulting in neck, back or knee pain, as well as fibromyalgia or polymyalgia rheumatica
- Impaired balance related to vertigo or the lower extremities
- Recovery from joint replacements or arthroscopic surgeries of the hip, knee and shoulder
- Lymphedema of the upper or lower extremities related to post mastectomy or chemo/radiation induced swellings
- Neurological conditions including strokes, transient ischemic attacks, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries and ALS
- Speech and swallowing difficulties like aphasias and dysarthria
- Pregnancy-related back pain, post-partum and SI joint pain and pelvic floor issues
- Spinal surgery rehab after fusions, discectomies, laminectomies or non-operative back pain
- Sports injuries like rotator cuff tears, anterior cruciate ligament tears, sprains, back and neck pain
- Headaches / migraine pain
- Decreased endurance and increased fatigue with walking difficulties due to foot pain
- Weakness from medical conditions
Our physical therapy program aims to give patients pain-free movement, improved independence and maximum function through personalized plans, for all ages and diagnoses.
Brookwood Baptist Health System offers trained therapists for the treatment of Lymphedema. Lymphedema is a condition in which fluid (lymph) is retained by the lymph nodes and causes swelling (edema), most often in the arms or legs. Lymphedema frequently occurs in the treatment of any cancer that involves surgery for lymph node removal and/or radiation therapy. Other causes of lymphedema are trauma, infection, immobility and chronic venous insufficiencies. Baptist also offers Complete Decongestive Therapy (CDT), which is a multi-faceted treatment that consists of manual lymph drainage, compression therapy, exercise, skincare and self-management education.
Find a rehabilitation specialist near you