5 On the Go Healthy Meals You Should TryMar 26, 2019
- For Breakfast try overnight Oats which includes yogurt, sliced berries and add nuts/granola before eating
- For a quick lunch idea, make pasta salad using left over pasta, chopped veggies and canned tuna or chicken and drizzle with low fat salad dressing. Might consider grapes or dried apricots or sliced oranges on the side
- Veggie wrap w/ hummus and pretzels or wheat thins
- Pre-cooked Rotisserie chicken along with cauliflower rice and steamed sugar snap peas and sliced cherry tomatoes with oil and vinegar drizzle. Might try fruit yogurt for dessert.
- Fajita chicken or steak strips heated with sliced peppers and pineapple served along-side Spanish rice and sliced kiwi
Submitted content by: Jennifer Harrell, MA, RDN & Brandi Churchill, RDN
Jennifer Harrell, MA, RDN, LDN – received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nutrition & Food Sciences from Samford University & a Master of Arts in Education in Health & Health Promotion from UAB. She has been an RD for 25 years with 15 years of service at Brookwood.
Brandi Churchill, RDN, LDN – received a Bachelor of Science Degree in Food and Nutrition from Alabama’s Coordinated Nutrition Program. She has been an RD for 15 years with all of them served here at Brookwood!