Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center - Alabama
We are a one-call solution with a knowledgeable team of clinicians trained in critical care and emergency medicine. We coordinate transfers and direct admits when patients need emergency care, urgent medical evaluation or admissions to many Tenet Healthcare hospitals across the country. We are here to help 24/7, 365 days – just call 1-844-622-4669.
- Responsive and single point of access – no phone transfers between departments and holds
- Faster connection to on-call clinical specialists who understand your patient’s need
- Predictable and efficient patient transfers facilitated by experienced clinical staff.
- Efficient delivery of pertinent clinical documentation
- Enhanced care coordination and timely follow-up regarding patient disposition
- Access to high-quality services at hospitals that can provide the appropriate level of care
- Increased reporting to provide transparency on completed patient transfers
- COVID safe standards in place for the safety of patients and visitors
Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center – Alabama
We provide direct admit and transfers to the following health systems in Central Alabama. Please visit their websites to learn more about their comprehensive services and accolades.
Contacting the Transfer Center
For healthcare professionals contacting the Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center, the process is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
|Call 1-844-622-4669 to transfer or directly admit a patient.||Talk with a member of our clinical staff.||Get confirmation and let our team coordinate all aspects of the transfer process.|
Please be prepared with the following information:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Sending facility name and phone number
- Sending provider name and phone number
- Diagnosis and clinical acuity
- Requested service/treatment
Transfer Center FAQs
What can the Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center help me with?
We help with arrangements for patient direct admissions and hospital-to-hospital transfers for patients needing emergency care, urgent medical evaluation or admission to any of our hospitals. This includes:
- Coordinate physician-to-physician communication, facilitating patient acceptance
- Make arrangements for appropriate bed assignments
- Communicate special-care and / or emergent needs
- Write admission order and send pertinent patient information to the accepting facility
- Coordinate appropriate transportation and provide guidance regarding transfer preparation
- Update sending and receiving staff, including provide contact number for nursing report
- Promote admitting physician follow-up with sending physician
What are the advantages of calling the Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center?
- You have an immediate contact – no transfers between departments or waiting on hold.
- You get answers quickly, receiving real-time decisions on patient acceptance and placement.
- You can access services available across multiple hospitals all at once to optimize placement.
- Your patient will receive timely transfer and access to the care they need.
What transfer services are provided?
- ED to ED or Inpatient
- Inpatient to Inpatient
- Clinic or Urgent Care to ED or Inpatient
- ASC to ED or Inpatient
What is the process for direct admissions or transfers?
You will call 1-844-622-4669, where you will be connected with a member of our patient placement operations team. They will gather the following information, which you should have readily available:
- Patient name and date of birth
- Patient location (hospital, office, home)
- Sending contact information
- Patient diagnosis
- Reason for admission
- Bed type and level of care required
- Requested service (hospitalists, ICU, subspecialty, etc.)
- Brief clinical summary
You will then be connected with an accepting or consulting provider.
Which doctor within the Brookwood Baptist Health System do I call to arrange a direct admission or transfer?
By calling 1-844-622-4669, you will be connected with the Transfer Center, who will collaborate with you to determine the most appropriate physician for your patient's clinical diagnosis and level of care. You do not need to know the name of a physician within our systems in order to refer a patient.
What is the phone number for the Brookwood Baptist Health Transfer Center?
1-844-622-4669. Remember, one call, that's all!