1. Cleveland Clinic: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/17488-smoking
2. US Department of Health and Human Services. Peripheral Artery Disease. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-topics/peripheral-artery-disease
3. Olin, A. Sealove, B. (2010). Peripheral Artery Disease: Current Insight into the Disease and It’s Diagnosis and Management. Circulation.
4. American heart Association (2019). Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics – 2019 update.
5. Stein, R. et al. (2015). Association between Physical Activity and Peripheral Artery Disease and Carotid Artery Stenosis in a self-referred population of 3 million adults. Journal of Arteriosclerosis Vascular Biology.
6. Liistro, F. et al. (2013). Impact of critical limb ischemia on long-term cardiac mortality in diabetic patients undergoing percutaneous coronary revascularization. Diabetic Care.
7. Freisinger, E. et al. (2017). Impact of diabetes on outcome in critical limb ischemia with tissue loss: a large-scaled routine data analysis. Cardio Vascular Diabetology.
8. Baser, O. et al. (2013). Prevalence, Incidence and Outcomes of Critical Limb Ischemia in the US Medicare Population. Vascular Disease Management.
9. Olin, J. (2015). Peripheral artery disease: evolving role of exercise, medical therapy and endovascular options. Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
10. Rosendorff, C. et al. (2015). Treatment of Hypertension in Patient with Coronary Artery Disease. Circulation.
11. Leon, B. (2015). Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: epidemiology, biological mechanisms, treatment recommendations and future research. World journal of diabetes.
12. Gulati,M. (2018). Cholesterol factors and heart disease risk. American College of Cardiology.
13. Messerli, F. Rimoldi, S. Bangalore, S. (2017). The Transition from Hypertension to Heart Failure: Contemporary Update. Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
14. Chamberlain, A. Agarwal, S. Folsom, A. Duval, S. Soluman, E. Ambrose, M. Eberly, L. Alonso, A. (2011). Smoking and incidence of atrial fibrillation: results from the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities (ARIC) study. Heart Rhythm.
15. Bohne, L. Johnson, D. Rose, R. Wilton, S. Gillis, A. (2019). The Association Between Diabetes Mellitus and Atrial Fibrillation: Clinical and Mechanistic Insights. Frontiers in Physiology.
16. Verdecchia, P. Angeli, F. Reboldi, G. (2018). Hypertension and Atrial Fibrillation. Circulation Research
17. Ofman, P. et al. (2013). Regular physical activity and risk of atrial fibrillation. Circulation.
18. Rokkedal Nielsen, J. et al. (2013). The relationship between physical activity and risk of atrial fibrillation – a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation
19. Santos Volgman, A. et al. (2018). Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease in South Asians in the United States: Epidemiology, Risk Factors and Treatments: A Scientific Statement from the American Heart Association. Circulation.